What to Expect
Our goal at Art of Dentristy is to prevent or minimize dental disease. To do this, we must start with a thorough exam.
Your first visit involves a few simple steps so we can get to know you and your teeth.
- First, fill out a "Health History" form; make sure you know what medications you are currently using.
- If you have dental insurance, please bring your card. For surgical or implant procedures, please bring your medical insurance card.
- A panoramic image will be taken to check for periodontal (gum) disease and other pathology of the jaw bones. Bite-wing images will also be taken. These images are much more detailed than the panoramic. They expose hidden caries (decay) in teeth.
- We will take photographs to record your initial visit smile, teeth and portrait.
- Dr. Scholl will review your images with you and inspect your jaw, gums and teeth. He'll teach you about oral health, inform you of your currant status and develop a long term treatment strategy.
We encourage you to be informed and involved in your dental health... ask questions...share your concerns. Our team will continually teach you healthy habits to avoid gum disease and tooth decay.
Besides our topics on the right, the American Dental Association has a new website, MouthHealthy.org . It provides oral health information on prevention, care and treatment. You will find:
- Oral health information by life stages from pregnancy through seniors
- A—Z topics with videos
- ADA Seal of Acceptance products
- Tips and activities to make oral health care fun for kids
Patient Forms, Map and Directions to Milwaukee Office
Please print and fill out these forms so we can expedite your first visit:
- Coming Soon
In order to view or print these forms you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. Click here to download it.